Metal Shear Blade Sharpening
The frequency of metal shear blade sharpening depends upon the operational cycle, a workload of the blade, and the shearing material. During the shearing process the material is sheared along the whole length. That is why a shear blade interacts with the cutting material a lot. A dull metal cutting Guillotine Shear Blade has to penetrate the material further requiring a deeper force. Blade with small cracks or lost sharpness leaves a less desirable cut.
Our experienced team turns every blunt metal shear blade to a new sharp edge.
- We can regrind and resharpen blades up to 6 meters in length.
- MASTERCUT provides a comprehensive metal shear blade sharpening and re-grind services from our premises in Chesterfield.
- Being located in the heart of the UK allows us to serve customers almost across the whole country, providing collection and return services.
During our metal shear blade sharpening service we sharpen both flat surfaces and all four edges of the blade. Sometimes, a blade is badly chipped or has been re-ground for more than 1 mm of the original manufactured thickness. This ‘width’ reduction causes difficulties in fitting the blades, thus we will not advise shear blade sharpening service. In those cases, we offer a new set of a replacement guillotine shear blade. We offer shear blades that suit all worldwide shear machinery including Amada, Edwards-Pearson, Haco, Cincinnati etc.
Please follow the links to read about:
- Example of a common shear sharpening enquiry
- Link to Guillotine Shear Blades replacements
- Watch a video about our metal shear blades sharpening service on youtube